FMS Simulation of Slow Stick

VirtualPilot3D Banner

This is the ever popular Slow Stick RC model in FMS, Flying Model Simulator. I am using my old Tower 4FM transmitter connected to my PC through a simblast ca…
Video Rating: 3 / 5

VirtualPilot3D Banner
Posted in Fms Flight Simulator | Tagged as: , , | 11 Comments

11 Responses to FMS Simulation of Slow Stick

1. David Maskell says:

Where did u get the model?

2. Bob Brown III says:

Read pjprofili’s comments below. I don’t recall exactly where the model is but if you read his comments below he tells us how to find it.

3. mikegigabyte says:

where did you get that model, ive been downloading about 4 now but cant find one that flys that well, or looks that good

4. Bob Brown III says:

I believe you can. I have used a Saitek Game Controller to do this on my laptop. I just prefer doing it with my real airplane transmitter.  The problem with a game controller is the spring loaded left stick which corresponds to the throttle on a model transmitter. On a model airplane transmitter that stick is not spring loaded to neutral and can therefore retain a setting given to it whereas the game controller returns to center position.

5. jazzyrocka12 says:

Question, I didn’t understand what you said on your description. Can you hook any plane remote up to your computer if you have a USB connector?

6. Bob Brown III says:

A Slow Stick is a minimalist radio controlled model airplane. The fuselage consists of an aluminum “stick” and it flies very slowly, hence “Slow Stick.” Many people use a Slow Stick as their first radio controlled model. Many experienced fliers have one just for fun.

7. Bob Brown III says:

Got them both. Thanks for the great models. I will try to get some video of them in flight for YouTube soon.

8. Bob Brown III says:

Thanks. I will do that. Those sound like models that would be fun to have.

9. pjprofili says:

Search for my username (pjprofili) in that Forum for links to the three models that I’ve built for FMS. The Slow Stick, the Parkzone J-3 Cub and the Trick Stick.

10. pjprofili says:

Sure thing!

The modeling was done using a program called Metasequioa (looks like YouTube doesn’t allow URLs in comments, so Google for metasequioa 3d and you’ll find the page) and there’s an FMS forum that contains quite a bit of detail on various aspects of model building. Again a Google search for fms will take you there.

11. harry3264 says:

i’ve played the simulater and it was really cool and cheaper lol